Sticky, tender, sweet and juicy falling off the bone Pork Ribs with honey sauce is an excellent dish to impress your guests. It takes a while to cook to perfection but the end result is worth the hassle. Check out my take on the famous BBQ pork ribs with sticky honey sauce.
- Pork Ribs
- Coriander roots
- Black Pepper ( Whole )
- Rice bran oil
- Hot water
- 100% pure honey
- Soy sauce
- Sweet soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Fried garlic
- Fried shallots
- In a pestle and mortar combine garlic, black pepper, and coriander root until it forms a paste then mix into the ribs and leave to marinate.
- In a large pot add rice bran oil then add our marinated pork ribs. Stir until brown.
- Add hot water into the pot and leave to simmer for 1 – 4 hours depending on the tenderness you’re after.
- Check every 15 minutes to ensure the water level is not too low.
- Once the ribs are tender, remove from the pot. Keep the stock.
- Heat up a pan and add our ribs followed by the honey. Stir until combined and add a splash of stock.
- Reduce until thicken and glaze with more honey. Finish off with fried garlic and fried shallots.
- Serve with hot Thai jasmine rice.
- Use 100% honey for best results.
- Add sugar and reduce honey if you’re in a tight budget.