Legends say a drunken man was hungry after a big night out. All he had was some noodles and other ingredients that were mainly used for making Thai curries. The man fired up the stove add some eggs and noodles then chucked in whatever he got. The end result was astonishing.
- Flat rice noodle
- Vegetables ( anything you like )
- Protein ( chicken, pork, beef, seafood or tofu )
- Green peppercorn
- Fingerroot ( kra chai )
- Holy basil or any basil will do
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- White pepper
- In a pestle and mortar add garlic and chilli, bash until combined.
- Soak the flat rice noodles in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat up the wok and add rice bran oil followed by the crushed garlic and chilli. Stir until it releases the strong pungent aroma then crack in the eggs.
- Stir until the eggs are partially cooked, add the protein followed by green peppercorn, and fingerroot. Continue to stir until brown.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok, stir until combined then add the vegetables. Stir.
- Once mixed well add our seasoning. Start with soy sauce then oyster sauce.
- Just before serving, add holy basil and a small amount of white pepper then stir to finish it off.
- Soak noodle in room temperature for the perfect texture.
- Best to dine with some beer.