Pad Kratiam is considered one of the best street food available. Quick and easy to cook with very few ingredients. The trick is to make the oil fragrant with garlic scent. Most Thais enjoy this dish with cucumber slices and hot chilli sauce.
Here I will show you how it’s done from scratch. Enjoy.
- Protein ( Chicken, Pork, Beef, Seafood ) Whatever you got! | 200g
- Garlic ( Diced or Crushed in Pesto and Mortar ) | 2 – 3 cloves
- Corn starch or Tapioca starch | 2 tsp
- Rice Bran Oil | 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce | 1 tbsp
- Oyster Sauce | 2 tbsp
- Ground Pepper | 1 tsp
- Slice the chicken into small slices add to bowl.
- In the chicken, bowl add soy sauce, oyster sauce, a little bit of garlic and ground pepper followed by the Tapioca starch, and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the gas and heat your pan or wok over low to medium heat. DO NOT USE HIGH GAS OR YOUR GARLIC WILL BURN!
- Add oil to the wok or pan then add the chopped garlic.
- Stir the garlic until slightly brown and add the marinated chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked add ground pepper and serve!
- Best accompanied with Hot Chilli sauce and sliced cucumbers.
- Serve with Rice. Thai Jasmine rice is the best!
- Have some coriander? use as garnish and take it to the next level.