Our take on one of the most popular dishes in Eastern Thailand, Kanom Jeen Nam Ya. Originally made with fish and freshly made coconut milk with a hint of traditional Thai herbs and spices to build a dish that is packed with flavour. Best served with Vermicelli noodles.
- Fresh fish of your choice
- Shallot ( small red onions )
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Chilli flakes or chilli powder
- Lesser Ginger ( Kra Chai )
- Coriander Roots
- Shrimp Paste
- Coconut cream
- Clean water
- Fish sauce
- Add water to a pot and leave to boil. Slice herbs and add to the boiling water followed by the fish. Once the fish is cooked, remove from the pot and leave to cool.
- Drain the boiled herbs then add into a blender followed by the shrimp paste and blend then add the fish and blend until combined. KEEP THE FISH STOCK! DON’T THROW AWAY.
- In the pot heat up coconut cream followed by our aromatic fish paste and stir until boil.
- Add fish stock and leave for 15 minutes then add fish sauce.
- In another pot boil clean water and add vermicelli noodles. Normally takes around 8 minutes. Once cooked remove and leave to cool.
- Serve noodles in a bowl then add the soup.
- Add diced cucumber, thinly slice cabbage or your choice of fresh vegetables for a more healthy meal
- Pickled vegetables goes really well with this dish