Known to most people as the Thai hamburger the king of fast food dishes. Pad gra pow is easy to make and have very few ingredients. The most important one is the Chilli and of course Basil. This is my take on the original pad gra pow ( chilli and basil ) recipe.
- Chilli Red ( or a mix of red and green )
- Protein ( chicken, beef, seafood, tofu or use vegetables )
- Fresh Basil
- Rice bran oil or any oil will do
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Sweet soy sauce
- Use pesto and mortar to blend the garlic and chilli until it becomes a rough paste
- Hot pan, add oil as the oil starts to hear up add our chilli and garlic paste and stir until aromatic.
- As the chilli and garlic paste starts to turn brown add our protein and stir.
- When our protein starts to cook, add seasoning start with Soy sauce followed by Oyster sauce then finish off with a hint of Sweet soy sauce.
- Continue to stir until the protein are cooked.
- Finally add fresh basil leaves stir and turn off the gas.
- Best to have with Fried egg and Chilli in fish sauce.
- Use Thai chilli to maximise the aroma and taste.
- Use Holy Basil ( Gra pow ) if available. Sweet basil or Thai basil ( Horapa ) works too.