Mama, a popular Thai instant noodle brand. It’s so popular that Thai refer all instant noodles as Mama hence the name Mama Pad. Normally, instant noodles are consumed as soup. A quick and easy meal for university students. When you stir fry it, the flavours are compacted, concentrated. As you may know, instant noodles have very low health benefits. To maximise the healthiness in this dish, we will add some eggs, meat, and vegetables. It is up to you to use your favourite instant noodle brand or anything in the cupboard will do but it’s best to use Tom Yum flavour. Enjoy my quick and easy Mama Pad.
- Rice Bran Oil
- Instant Noodle ( Mama )
- Protein ( Chicken, Beef, Pork, Seafood, Tofu )
- Garlic ( finely chopped )
- Seasoning sachet from your instant noodle
- Kettle on, soak the instant noodles in hot water for 3 minutes
- Heat up the wok and add Rice Bran Oil followed by finely chopped garlic and add the eggs. Stir until the eggs are partially cooked then add protein. Keep stirring.
- The noodles should be ready now, drain, then add to the wok. Stir until combined with eggs.
- Add the veggies. Stir, then add the seasoning from the sachet. Start with the oily paste, then the powdery stuff.
- Once it’s all combined, serve.
- Use Tom Yum flavour noodles if you can withstand the hotness.
- The best result I’ve had was using Wai Wai Tom Yum Noodles.
- If the noodles get soggy, just continue to stir until it evaporates.